Are you overwhelmed by how and where to market your business? I totally feel you! I’ve been working in the industry for nearly a decade and I still feel like this sometimes.
Marketing is a fast-moving beast. With the digital age, social media trends and technology going out of date as fast as you can click your fingers, there are so many things to keep up with!
- Get clear on your brand, messaging and values: What do you stand for, why are you in business and who is your audience? Ensure everything you do marketing-wise reflects those values and speaks to the right people.
- Simplify your social media accounts: Are you trying to stay social on every platform imagineable but instead you aren’t managing to keep up with any of them? Think about where your main audience hang out and put your attention into those channels. Cut the ones that you aren’t useful or serving a purpose.
- Collaborate and Network: This is one of the most overlooked means of marketing. Whether it’s engaging online with your audience (via social media comments, likes, shares) or in person at events that will allow you to promote your brand or network with like-minded people, it’s all a form of marketing.
- Evaluate your budget and get creative: Most people think of marketing as having huge billboards or costly TV commercials. In this day and age, it’s easier than ever to market yourself in cost-effective ways. And you don’t need fancy videoing equipment or gadgets. First, work out how much you can afford to spend on marketing and then get creative. Can you get a car magnet with your brand on it so that your car is serving as a billboard? Or if you’re an online business, could you use influencers to promote your brand?
- Keep yourself informed: Social media algorithms, new technology and the latest business apps are forever changing. Could you afford 10 minutes a week to read a few blog posts or newsletters that will provide you with valuable updates? Some of my favourites are HubSpot, Moz and Buffer but there are literally millions! Podcasts are also a great way to keep up-to-date and can be listened to anywhere.
So there you have it. Five simple tips to get back on track and simplify your marketing.
Of course if you are feeling overwhelmed and would like to chat through ideas, please get in touch for a FREE discovery call.