I’m Mel Woods. I’m a copywriter + content creator living in sunny North Queensland. I love coffee, getting amongst nature and spending time with my young family.
I’ve always been a word-nerd. When I was young, I would spend my mornings reading the newspaper aloud in my best ‘newsreader voice’ while my evenings were spent writing stories in my diary. My brother and I even made our own radio station (recorded on a cassette) when we were growing up.
A journalism degree and a few decades later and I have been lucky enough to work across a range of media industries including print, radio, television before moving into public relations, communications and marketing.
In 2016 I stumbled across the ‘freelancing’ world and haven’t looked back.
Since becoming a mum, I have learnt that I can continue to share my love of writing and creativity in a more flexible way. Although I work less hours, my productivity levels are WAY higher and I can throw my heart and soul into doing exactly what I love.
5 Fun Facts About Me
- I’ve travelled to some incredible places in my time with my favourite being Croatia. While in South America I was robbed (twice) and bitten by a dog.
- I was an ‘Out & About’ TV Presenter on Channel 7 before I had children;
- I’m a board game fanatic;
- Breakfast and coffee is my favourite meal of the day (especially if I don’t have to cook!)
- I have a goal of being a published author by 2030.